Some people love to get out in nature and do some real camping while others want some of the home comforts while they are out camping with the family. They want to have some type of running water as well as lighting and portable heaters. Electricity is possible even at campsites without electric hook-ups when the campers bring along their own generator.
Sizes and Capabilities of Generators
The higher-quality units are quieter. A quiet generator is best for camping because campers usually like to be able to talk to each other, sleep at night, and not disturb neighboring campers. A pleasant camping experience is at stake, and the money it takes to purchase one that is quieter is well worth the price. Here are some options available for inverter generators:
- Purchasing two or more smaller units because they are lighter and more portable.
- Buying larger units that are heavier to carry because they generate more power.
- Buying according to the space available for transporting the generator to the campsite. For example, chained down in a pickup truck, a large unit
- can remain in the back of the truck while camping.
- Various brand names are on the market.
- Different features make different models suitable for camping purposes.
Here are some of the most convenient features of a larger generator costing less than 2,000 US dollars may provide:
- Capacity for 3,000 watts or more.
- Inverter boost technology for surge lasting 10-15 seconds at a time helps with such jobs as starting an air-conditioning unit in an RV.
- A standard outlet is on the unit.
- A 220-outlet is also provided on some models.
Camping with Home Comforts
A quality and quiet generator can help campers have at least some of the comforts of home when they are at a campsite. They can get out in nature and still enjoy electric lighting and a heater on cold mornings. Sleep is much easier when the temperatures in the camp are not too chilly. Providing such small conveniences helps to make the camping experience pleasant for everyone.